Objective: Something simple to make for a work morning tea
Constraints: Must be simple, throw all in type of recipe
Solution: Macadamia Nut Brownies
1 cup of melted butter (yikes!)
1 cup of plain flour
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of cocoa
1 cup of crushed nuts
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/4 teaspoon of salt
(note there was an additional part for a topping, but I figured it was artery clogging enough already!)
· Melt butter, stir in cocoa. Remove from heat, then stir in sugar.
· Break eggs into mixture one at a time, then add flour and stir to combine.
· Add nuts, vanilla and salt and stir to combine all ingredients.
· Pour into greased and lightly floured 18cm x 28cm baking tray.
· Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Source: The Age website
Ahh those pointers from mum...Plastic bag, the side of a mallet, a paper to prevent indents on the table and a little built up rage and hey presto crushed nuts.
Uh oh. More grease than the local fish and chip shop
I'll call them "rustic". At least everyone who tried them is still at work.